Apple has released the iOS 10.2 update for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users, marking the second major update to iOS 10 since its release in September.
The latest update comes with a host of new features including the much-awaited new emojis that include clown face, face palm, selfie, fox face, owl, bacon, avocado, croissant, and more. It also includes many emojis depicting professionals available in both male and female genders and some existing emojis that have been redesigned to look more realistic.
A new "TV" app has been introduced that will act as a TV guide to simplify the television-watching experience by helping users discover new TV shows and movies. The app will only be available in the US market for now.
Some of the new features brought by the update are:
- New TV app (Only for US)
- Over 100 new emojis
- Photo fixes like improving stabilisation for live photos, camera roll issue on iPhone 7 Plus, additional support for RAW digital cameras, a new preserve setting for the camera app and more
- Message fixes like an issue that prevented the keyboard from displaying in Messages
- Music app brings the option to sort Playlists, Albums, and Songs in Library
- News stories saved for later will now appear on the Saved section. To get to the next news story one can just swipe left or tap Next Story while reading
- Some fixes for Mail like long press activating copy and paste and more
- Notification support added for HomeKit accessories including window coverings, occupancy
As the update is over-the-air it should come automatically arrive via a notification to all compatible devices. In case you still do not get an update notification you can go to Settings>General>Software Updates and check if it has arrived yet.